I saw a quote on social media last year that has resonated with me ever since. This quote put into words the feelings that I had been having of late, in a way that I just could not quite do. The quote read:
“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.”
Being a Single Mum can be pretty stressful and full of struggles at times. Single Parents experience even more pressure to hold everything together and are particularly susceptible to burnout and the negative impacts of isolation and overwhelm.
My aim (especially since starting our ) has always been to Design a Life I don’t want a break from (which is one of the reasons I became a Life Coach), however I wasn’t able to put this into reality until January 2014 – when we moved in to our new home on the gorgeous countryside of Hertfordshire.
View this post on Instagram
Gorgeous Sunday afternoon walk with my Baby @khushi_k_kaur ♡ #EarthDay #inspiration #motivation #empowerment #PersonalDevelopment #Life #Lifestyle #Abundance #DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire #growth #reflection #LifeCoach #gratitude #selflove #selfworth #success #mindset #goalsetting #selfgrowth #dailyinspiration #personaldevelopment #personalgrowth #TheMindfulLife #BlissfulForties
Designing a life that I do not need to take a vacation from is different from trying to create a life that is one big vacation. I am aware of the hard work that will be involved and am happy to make sacrifices, however, the constant focus remains that I want to enjoy my life now, that I never utter the words I need a holiday ever again.
Below are my Top 10 Tips on how you can Design a Life you don’t want a break from:
- Long-term thinking your life and time has been worthwhile
- Finding enjoyment in daily life and finding or creating work you love
- Having a , all of the time
- Being prepared to work harder than we have ever worked to achieve this goal
- Understand that money isn’t the priority, happiness, contentment and fulfilment is
- Create Wealth in ALL aspects of your life
- Live Soulfully, practice mindfulness and meditate daily
- Turn your Home into a Haven; Live below your means, Create a Beautiful, Healthy and Happy Home and
- Plan what your ‘Ideal Day‘ would be like and make time to do things that make you HAPPY
- Balancing adventure and reality – how to incorporate adventure into your daily life
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!